MAKES: 5 Servings PREP: 5 minutes COOK: 7 minutes BAKE: at 400° for 20 minutes
CALORIES: 301 CARBS: 11g FAT: 16g PROTEIN: 30g SODIUM: 782g
- 1 lb ground light mild pork sausage
- 2/3 c diced onion
- 2 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- 1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
- tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 6 tbsp shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 10 Portobello mushroom caps
- Heat oven to 400º. Heat a large non-stick skillet. Add in sausage and onion. Cook 5 minutes breaking apart sausage.
- Stir in quinoa and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and vinegar. Let cool slightly. Fold in egg and 3 tbsp of Asiago cheese. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 3 tbsp Asiago cheese.
- Coat rounded side of mushroom caps with non-stick spray. Place rounded side down on cookie sheets. Divide filling among mushroom caps, about 1/3 cup per mushroom. Sprinkle each mushroom with 1/2 tbsp of bread crumb mixture,
- Bake at 400º for 18 to 20 minutes until tops are browned. Serve two mushroom caps per person, if desired.
- Serve with salad on the side.