MAKES: 6 Servings PREP: 5 minutes COOK: 4-6 hours on low
CALORIES: 596 CARBS: 42.8g FAT: 35.2g PROTEIN: 27.5g SODIUM: 1,738g
So this recipe isn’t the healthiest, but it sure is delicious. There are substitutes you can use to make the recipe healthier and more diet friendly. For tonight, I’ll stick to the original!
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (for healthier version use ground turkey or chicken)
- 2 14.5 oz cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
- 19 oz bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 block of regular cream cheese, softened in microwave (for healthier version use reduced fat cream cheese or neufachtel)
- 4-5 oz of spinach (I use a little more than half a bag of Dole spinach)
- Brown ground sausage.
- Chunk up cream cheese.
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. (whenever tortellini is done.)
Original recipe is found in this blog post “The Best Crockpot Meal I’ve Tried Yet”