One of my favorite Italian dishes is Chicken Cacciatore. It’s cheap, easy and delicious! When my husband and I first moved in together we were always broke so I made this dish quite often. Let’s just say he forbid me to make it for a while LOL. It’s safe now for me to make it on occasion. I still enjoy it every time!
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rice (I used brown rice)
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Onion
- Chicken (I used skinless chicken thighs)
- Garlic Powder
- 2 (15 oz) cans of Contadina Tomato Sauce with Italian Herbs
- 1 (28 oz) can of Contadina Crushed Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- Heat EVOO in pot.
- Add sliced onion and saute for about five minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until all sides are browned.
- Add tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes.
- Add additional seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley to your liking.
- Cover and cook chicken in sauce on medium heat until done, about 45-60 minutes.
- Cook rice at the same time.
- Serve chicken with rice on the side. Add some sauce on top of the rice.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I’d love to hear some of your favorite Italian dishes in the comments below.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Feel free to share my post and don’t forget to subscribe!